Friday, March 11, 2016

Social Anxiety Treatment? Do Sports

It's been almost 10 days since i first started my social anxiety self treatment. It might sounds a little bit cocky, but in all those days, i can conclude that the most comfortable treatment i can do to suppress my social anxiety is by doing sport. Mine was swimming. Here's why you should try it too.

Sports will challenge you to move in public.
And by sport i means that you have to do a sport that prompted you to exercise in public. Such as running, swimming in public pool, or maybe kickstart yourself to go to your nearest gym. Trust me, i know the fear of humiliation that may occurs. But in the end, apparently it was only on your mind. By doing sport in public place, you'll observe people. And you'll come into conclusion that people had their own shits to not goddamn care about whatever you're doing. And that conclusion is enough to prove that the fear of society judgement, is baseless.

Well, you must be aware that this conclusion might not occur at the first try. Repetition is needed. I got mine on the 5th try, and by now i still trying to get myself to be accustomed to this idea. Don't rush things.

Sports give you confidence
Doing sport will make your body shape get better. And by that, you'll get huge boost of confidence to be more comfortable in your own skin. As time progress, your walking posture will be upgraded by your confidence.


The bonus is, sports will also train you to breathe, since some panic attacks may occur because of the breathing problem whenever we had to be faced with dire situation.

For all that matter, you should try to do sports regularly. I know that the first time might be hard. I remember my first time swimming in public pool. I literally started as a rock. I just curled up in the corner of the pool. I can't swim and i'm too afraid to humiliate myself. But apparently those very first time is a huge leap for me. After all, there are no demerit in being healthy. I mean, men sana in corporesano.

No comments:

Post a Comment